Financial Life Coaches
Our financial life coaches are there to help you maximize your financial lifestyle. Their hands on approach ensure you will get the understanding and skill you need to manage your financial assets.
We accomplish this through with a holistic approach that changes or improves your financial lifestyle while giving you the understanding to manage your financial life. Our system includes the following:
Hands on Financial Life Coaching
- A 12 week hands on session where our financial life coaches will walk you through exercises that changes your financial lifestyle while allowing you to gain the experience and understanding necessary to sustains your financial literacy.
Financial Education & Credit Counseling through or School of Timothys Center of Excellence
Certified counselors are available to assist you with all your financial education and credit counseling needs.
- Hours of Operation: 24/7, 365 days per year
Financial Education & Credit Counseling
This component of the Family Protection Plan provides you and your family with personalized financial and credit counseling services 24/7, 365 days per year. We provide access to counseling and financial education through a variety of delivery methods including telephone, online tools, and live chat sessions.
Whether you are renting or buying a home, having problems with debt, or setting up a trust, this financial education program is designed to provide you and your family with the tools necessary to make better financial decisions. Personal financial guidance and education are provided by over 1,000 experienced financial counselors.
The following is an outline of the free services included with this program:
- Free Financial Education & Credit Counseling Services:
- Free Consultations
- A complete financial assessment will include a review and analysis of your household income, expenses, assets, and liabilities.
- Credit & Debt Counseling by Certified Credit Counselors: A credit counselor takes the time to thoroughly understand and assess current credit and debt issues. They will:
- Assist in creating a livable budget to balance income and expenses
- Provide specific advice on how to deal with creditors
- Offer money management and budgeting techniques to help gain control of finances
- Develop a comprehensive spending plan
- Create an action plan to become debt free
- “Ask Susan” Online Counseling Sessions: A unique opportunity to receive a personalized response to questions on subjects such as loans, budgeting, credit reporting, collections, dealing with debt, and much more. Email your questions to receive a personal response on these and other financial subjects.
- Housing Advisory Services
- Advice covering first-time homeownership, affordable mortgages, and refinancing
- Post-purchase counseling
- Reverse mortgages – what are they and how do they work
- Online Tools & Articles: Access online articles designed to inform, assist, educate and alert you in all areas of credit, money management and how to get help.
- Online tools for budgeting
- Articles designed to help make smart financial decisions
- Articles designed to help with family financial and purchasing decisions
- Hotlinks to a wide variety of consumer resources on topics such as lending, credit reports, credit cards and vehicle purchasing and financing
- Easy-to-use online calculators to help get finances back on track.
- Calculators are available to help with budgeting, and vehicle and home financing
- Tests and quizzes to gain a better understanding of how to improve money management skills
- Money Choices: Five private self-paced courses, presented by Visa, that teach the skills needed for smart money management.
Financial Services Requiring a Small Fee:
In the event you make the decision to file for bankruptcy, our counselors are trained to take you through mandated education courses, at a minimal fee, so that you can obtain your required certificate of completion prior to the courts granting the bankruptcy.
- Pre-Filing Bankruptcy Counseling Sessions:
- Cover budgeting, wise money management and the advantages and consequences of filing bankruptcy
- Familiarize you with the bankruptcy process and discuss financial options
- Issue certificate of completion allowing you to proceed with the bankruptcy filing process This is a formal course that you would be “required” to take if you were going to file bankruptcy. The service provider is approved to issue certificates of compliance with the new bankruptcy codes, which certify that you have completed the pre-bankruptcy education course. It is available in person, over the phone or online. The cost for this course is $50.
- Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Education:
- Education courses discuss budgeting, credit, predatory lending, available community resources and the Credit & Debt Education Package workbooks.
- The cost for this is $50-individual, $75-joint.
Tax Preparation & Advice
Your call to the Tax Hotline will be answered by a tax and/or financial expert who will immediately assist you with your tax and/or financial planning questions.
- Hours of Operation: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST, Monday – Friday
Tax Preparation & Advice
The Family Protection Plan provides comprehensive personal tax benefits including free tax return preparation and unlimited, toll-free, tax related advice during normal business hours. Additionally, you will have access to most commonly used tax related schedules free of charge or at a significantly discounted rate.
Tax Related Benefits:
- Unlimited advice for personal and business matters on federal taxation via toll-free phone call/fax/e-mail (no time or frequency limitations)
- Free mail-in tax return preparation (includes 1040EZ, 1040A, and 1040)*
- $20.00 off of tax returns prepared by H & R Block®
- Discounted preparation of all schedules that accompany the form 1040*
- IRS audit assistance
- Tax professionals will review any notice or letter issued by the IRS and provide advice on how to understand and solve the matter.
- Access to a web-based IRS audit tutorial, as well as an IRS notification tutorial.
- IRS notification assistance
- Tax planning
- Review of prior year’s tax return*
- Member portal with tax tips, tax law changes, tax organization area, IRS audit area, IRS notification area and member advice on-line
* Limited one (1) per household.
All tax and financial assistance is provided by tax attorneys, financial analysts, CPA’s, former auditors and/or Enrolled Agents certified by the IRS. Additionally, all tax and financial advice is backed by a $1 million liability policy.